The site itself provides a cosy atmosphere offering a traditional pub with restaurant, serving modern English food, a wine bar (the original stables) which serves an extensive range of wines, beers and guest lagers and a contempory menu of its own.
We are located in Whitburn street, just off the High street, in the historic market town of Bridgnorth, not far from the equally beautiful towns of Ludlow and Shrewsbury.
The whole site has been carefully and outstandingly restored to its former glory, featuring the original oak beams and three open fires. The pub itself is a listed building and the two brothers take huge pride in its appearance.
This wonderful venue is steeped in history and was probably built or possibly rebuilt after the Great Fire of 1646 and is thought to stand on the site of another older building. Its ancient timbers rise majestically and with dignity two storeys above the hustle and bustle of Whitburn Street on the north side of historic Bridgnorth. In the middle of the last century it shared in the post horse business of the town and in 1851 it is listed as Kings Head Railway Coach House and Posting House.